dark chocolate chip cookies
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you like your
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.